Here Goes Nothing!

Welcome to the wonderful goings on in my mind! Although I must say there's not a heck of a lot of activity taking place there right now. Minus the "I need to take a shower because I smell like someone who's been sweating at the pool all day," and "is it really cold in here or am I just waiting for sunburn to kick in... but I put on SPF 30 today?!" These are probably two true statements since I was at the pool all day and I certainly don't smell like roses right now. Not to mention, even though I'm tan I still seem to get a wee bit ouchie burn, but it's never a red burn... Just a bit ouchie.

I'm not sure how people still don't wear sunblock. That was something I did when I was an unintelligent teenager who didn't care about skin cancer and wrinkles. Now wrinkles are the least of my worries, but skin cancer is a horrible reality. The truth is that I coat myself in sunblock, wear a hat to cover my face, and reapply multiple times when I'm outside and I still get really tan AND even burn! So when people say they don't need to wear sunblock, I silently shake my head (inside my own head). Lord willing, I'll never have to battle Melanoma, but if I do I won't look like you can just add handles to me and make me a purse! I've brutalized this temple that God has given me enough, and I know I continue to (I've only had a banana to eat today and it's after 6pm. Enough said), but I will keep trying until I get it right. I may not be perfect and I may not be beautiful, but He thinks I'm perfect and He thinks I'm beautiful. That's all that matters! I just pray He can't currently smell me!!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment